Careers at Mechanical Simulation
BackgroundMechanical Simulation produces and distributes software tools for simulating and analyzing the dynamic behavior of motor vehicles in response to steering, braking, and acceleration control inputs. Automotive OEMs, suppliers, and research labs use our software tools CarSim, TruckSim, BikeSim, and SuspensionSim globally. The math models run fast in support of real-time applications such as driving simulators and hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing.
Job Posting: Software Development Engineer 1
Mechanical Simulation is a growing small company, in which technical team members play many roles. All software development roles will need to work as a team with highly qualified vehicle dynamic experts to implement designs and features. Some travel may be required.
- Design, modify, develops, write and implement software applications.
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Relie on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Work under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Report to a project leader.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area and/or 2 years of experience in a related area.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- C programming
- C++ programming
- Visual Studio
- Computer Graphics
- Design Patterns