Careers at Mechanical Simulation
BackgroundMechanical Simulation produces and distributes software tools for simulating and analyzing the dynamic behavior of motor vehicles in response to steering, braking, and acceleration control inputs. Automotive OEMs, suppliers, and research labs use our software tools CarSim, TruckSim, BikeSim, and SuspensionSim globally. The math models run fast in support of real-time applications such as driving simulators and hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing.
Job Posting: Software Development Engineer 3
Mechanical Simulation is a growing small company, in which technical team members play many roles. All software development roles will need to work as a team with highly qualified vehicle dynamic experts to implement designs and features. Some travel may be required.
- Design, modify, develops, write and implement software applications.
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Report directly to a project leader.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area and at least 5 years of experience or 7 years of equivalent experience.
- Familiar with a variety of the software engineering concepts, practices, and procedures.
- C programming
- C++ programming
- Visual Studio
- Computer Graphics
- Design Patterns