Careers at Mechanical Simulation
Mechanical Simulation develops software that transforms the way that the automotive industry solves the most challenging problems we are facing today. Your unique skills will be fully utilized to help this cutting-edge company deliver the industry leading development and testing tools to a global audience. We will surrounded you with passionate and talented people from a variety backgrounds.
Types of employment:
Job Posting: Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Mechanical Simulation is a growing small company, in which technical team members play many roles. All roles will need to work as a team with highly qualified vehicle dynamic experts and software engineers to implement a highly productive build and testing environment. This position, in conjunction with team members, will develop and implement quality assurance standards and measures. This role is responsible for writing tests, creating and executing both functional and automated tests, tracking defects and fixes, and reporting the progress of each.
- Identify test requirements from functional requirement specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Responsible for creating and executing functional, automatic, regression and acceptance tests to ensure new enhancements meet user requirements.
- Ensure testing is aligned with software development in appropriate phases.
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Create and maintain efficient automated scripts that utilize clean code and best practice coding standards.
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Monitor and audit development activities from a quality perspective.
- Reports to Lead Developer.
- Computer science related bachelor's degree with 1 year experience or 3 years of experience.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Familiar with QA testing methodologies in software development environment.
- Functional testing and regression testing of application features, with a focus on writing detailed feedback/bugs for effective defect resolution.
- Develop and maintain automated tests using a commercial test automation suite.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by clear bug/issue explanations.
- Experience writing tests
- Experience with agile development
- Experience with Atlassian products
- Experience with continuous integration servers such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Passion for software quality and robustness.
- Computer Graphics
- Design Patterns
- Java or C#