Careers at Mechanical Simulation
BackgroundMechanical Simulation produces and distributes software tools for simulating and analyzing the dynamic behavior of motor vehicles in response to steering, braking, and acceleration control inputs. Automotive OEMs, suppliers, and research labs use our software tools CarSim, TruckSim, BikeSim, and SuspensionSim globally. The math models run fast in support of real-time applications such as driving simulators and hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing.
Job Posting: Software Development Engineer 2
Mechanical Simulation is a growing small company, in which technical team members play many roles. All software development roles will need to work as a team with highly qualified vehicle dynamic experts to implement designs and features. Some travel may be required.
- Code software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
- Standardize the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Perform a variety of tasks.
- Work under general supervision.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude required.
- Report to a project leader.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area and 3 years of experience or 5 years of equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within software engineering and computer science.
- C programming
- C++ programming
- Visual Studio
- Computer Graphics
- Design Patterns